- Watch this April 15
The first trailer for David Fincher's Gone Girl was released Monday. The thriller, an adaptation of Gillian Flynn's bestselling 2012 novel, stars Ben Affleck as Nick Dunne and Rosamund Pike as his wife, Amy, who goes missing on their fifth wedding anniversary (of course, Nick is eventually a suspect). Other cast members include Neil Patrick Harris, Tyler Perry, Missi Pyle, and Casey Wilson. The real standout of the trailer is the ghostly version of Charles Aznavour's "She," covered by Richard Butler of the Psychedelic Furs. Gone Girl will hit theaters Oct. 3. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
Subscribe to the Week