- 2014 Watch April 15
Incredible as it may seem, someone has finally come up some new puerile jokes about Speaker of the House John Boehner's (R-Ohio) last name. In a campaign spot called "When the Moment is Right," Boehner's Tea Party primary challenger, high school teacher J.D. Winteregg, parodies those indelible Cialis commercials to warn against the dangers of prolonged incumbency.
"If you have a Boehner lasting longer than 23 years, seek immediate medical attention," the narrator intones.
See if you can count all the genital jokes in the ad below. Hint: There are a lot. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
Subscribe to the Week