- 2014 Watch April 15
Incredible as it may seem, someone has finally come up some new puerile jokes about Speaker of the House John Boehner's (R-Ohio) last name. In a campaign spot called "When the Moment is Right," Boehner's Tea Party primary challenger, high school teacher J.D. Winteregg, parodies those indelible Cialis commercials to warn against the dangers of prolonged incumbency.
"If you have a Boehner lasting longer than 23 years, seek immediate medical attention," the narrator intones.
See if you can count all the genital jokes in the ad below. Hint: There are a lot. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
Subscribe to the Week