- Braaaaaaaaaiins April 15
How would Don Draper fare during a zombie apocalypse? AMC's The Walking Dead has featured several memorable villains, but Negan — a sadistic villain with an extended arc in the comic books on which the TV show is based — will require a particularly strong actor, and series creator Robert Kirkman recently said he'd love to have the Mad Men star in the role.
"I think Jon Hamm would be perfect," conceded Kirkman in an interview with MTV News. Unfortunately, it's probably not in the cards: "I think after Mad Men has run, Jon Hamm is going to have a Tom Hanks-level film career, so I don't think he'll be coming back to television anytime soon," he said.
Fortunately, they have plenty of time to work out the details. Kirkman says fans shouldn't expect to see Negan introduced "too terribly soon," though "it's a 99 percent lock that he's going to be in the show eventually."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week