- Braaaaaaaaaiins April 15
How would Don Draper fare during a zombie apocalypse? AMC's The Walking Dead has featured several memorable villains, but Negan — a sadistic villain with an extended arc in the comic books on which the TV show is based — will require a particularly strong actor, and series creator Robert Kirkman recently said he'd love to have the Mad Men star in the role.
"I think Jon Hamm would be perfect," conceded Kirkman in an interview with MTV News. Unfortunately, it's probably not in the cards: "I think after Mad Men has run, Jon Hamm is going to have a Tom Hanks-level film career, so I don't think he'll be coming back to television anytime soon," he said.
Fortunately, they have plenty of time to work out the details. Kirkman says fans shouldn't expect to see Negan introduced "too terribly soon," though "it's a 99 percent lock that he's going to be in the show eventually."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week