- Braaaaaaaaaiins April 15
How would Don Draper fare during a zombie apocalypse? AMC's The Walking Dead has featured several memorable villains, but Negan — a sadistic villain with an extended arc in the comic books on which the TV show is based — will require a particularly strong actor, and series creator Robert Kirkman recently said he'd love to have the Mad Men star in the role.
"I think Jon Hamm would be perfect," conceded Kirkman in an interview with MTV News. Unfortunately, it's probably not in the cards: "I think after Mad Men has run, Jon Hamm is going to have a Tom Hanks-level film career, so I don't think he'll be coming back to television anytime soon," he said.
Fortunately, they have plenty of time to work out the details. Kirkman says fans shouldn't expect to see Negan introduced "too terribly soon," though "it's a 99 percent lock that he's going to be in the show eventually."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
Subscribe to the Week