- Braaaaaaaaaiins April 15
How would Don Draper fare during a zombie apocalypse? AMC's The Walking Dead has featured several memorable villains, but Negan — a sadistic villain with an extended arc in the comic books on which the TV show is based — will require a particularly strong actor, and series creator Robert Kirkman recently said he'd love to have the Mad Men star in the role.
"I think Jon Hamm would be perfect," conceded Kirkman in an interview with MTV News. Unfortunately, it's probably not in the cards: "I think after Mad Men has run, Jon Hamm is going to have a Tom Hanks-level film career, so I don't think he'll be coming back to television anytime soon," he said.
Fortunately, they have plenty of time to work out the details. Kirkman says fans shouldn't expect to see Negan introduced "too terribly soon," though "it's a 99 percent lock that he's going to be in the show eventually."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Is Amazon a monopoly?
- Yes, the Federal Reserve is politicized — and that's a good thing
Subscribe to the Week