- Braaaaaaaaaiins April 15
How would Don Draper fare during a zombie apocalypse? AMC's The Walking Dead has featured several memorable villains, but Negan — a sadistic villain with an extended arc in the comic books on which the TV show is based — will require a particularly strong actor, and series creator Robert Kirkman recently said he'd love to have the Mad Men star in the role.
"I think Jon Hamm would be perfect," conceded Kirkman in an interview with MTV News. Unfortunately, it's probably not in the cards: "I think after Mad Men has run, Jon Hamm is going to have a Tom Hanks-level film career, so I don't think he'll be coming back to television anytime soon," he said.
Fortunately, they have plenty of time to work out the details. Kirkman says fans shouldn't expect to see Negan introduced "too terribly soon," though "it's a 99 percent lock that he's going to be in the show eventually."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
Subscribe to the Week