- can you not? April 15
E! talk-show host Chelsea Handler wants it to be known that she's single and ready to mingle. The Chelsea Lately star is eager to depart the basic cable network once her contract ends at the end of the year because her manager claims to have "at least seven suitors" offering her jobs. One of those places is rumored to be CBS, where the 12:30 a.m. slot is "up in the air," according to the network's CEO.
Last night, Handler posted a photo on Instagram of herself holding a stack of papers adorned with the CBS logo. "Business meeting," the caption read, adding to the speculation that she was in talks with the network to displace Craig Ferguson. The network didn't appreciate the joke, however — and a CBS rep told New York magazine that Handler's CBS talk was just a "general meeting."
"There are no discussions with Chelsea Handler regarding the network's 12:30 late night broadcast," said a CBS spokesman. If it really was just a general meeting with CBS' syndication division, it may not mean much. But we'll have to wait and see what happens next. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The next pandemic
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week