- Quotables April 16
Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is launching a new gun safety organization to rival the NRA, saying he will pump $50 million of his own money into the effort. And in an interview with The New York Times to announce the new venture, Bloomberg flashes his typical bravado while reflecting on all the bold initiatives he's already pursued.
"I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I'm not stopping to be interviewed," he said. "I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It's not even close."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week