- Quotables April 16
Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is launching a new gun safety organization to rival the NRA, saying he will pump $50 million of his own money into the effort. And in an interview with The New York Times to announce the new venture, Bloomberg flashes his typical bravado while reflecting on all the bold initiatives he's already pursued.
"I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I'm not stopping to be interviewed," he said. "I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It's not even close."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week