- Quotables April 16
Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is launching a new gun safety organization to rival the NRA, saying he will pump $50 million of his own money into the effort. And in an interview with The New York Times to announce the new venture, Bloomberg flashes his typical bravado while reflecting on all the bold initiatives he's already pursued.
"I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I'm not stopping to be interviewed," he said. "I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It's not even close."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week