- Quotables April 16
Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is launching a new gun safety organization to rival the NRA, saying he will pump $50 million of his own money into the effort. And in an interview with The New York Times to announce the new venture, Bloomberg flashes his typical bravado while reflecting on all the bold initiatives he's already pursued.
"I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I'm not stopping to be interviewed," he said. "I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It's not even close."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week