- Quotables April 16
Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is launching a new gun safety organization to rival the NRA, saying he will pump $50 million of his own money into the effort. And in an interview with The New York Times to announce the new venture, Bloomberg flashes his typical bravado while reflecting on all the bold initiatives he's already pursued.
"I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I'm not stopping to be interviewed," he said. "I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It's not even close."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- 5 innovative uses for baking soda
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Confronting our twisted relationship with food
Subscribe to the Week