- Coming Soon April 16
As usual, there are no shortage of superhero movies hitting theaters this year — but the most ambitious is X-Men: Days of Future Past, which is uniting the franchise's two distinct timelines for a sprawling, mind-bending time travel story. It starts with Wolverine, who goes back in time to enlist the help of the younger Professor X introduced in X-Men: First Class. "I was sent here for you from the future. 50 years from now. Stay with me," says Wolverine in the new trailer. "I've come a long way to guide us. To bring us together. The X-Men. We need your help."
It's a lot to wrap your head around, but there's no shortage of fan service in this last trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past. The new video offers an extended roll call of X-Men characters: Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), Professor X (James McAvoy/Patrick Stewart), Magneto (Michael Fassbender/Ian McKellan), Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Storm (Halle Berry), and many, many more. This is easily the most ambitious of the X-Men movies. Of course, in a group that big, not everyone is going to get along; in the scope of one three-minute trailer, two different X-Men get punched in the face by their supposed comrades. Will the X-Men sort out their differences and save the world one last time? We'll find out when X-Men: Days of Future Past arrives on May 23.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week