- Coming Soon April 16
As usual, there are no shortage of superhero movies hitting theaters this year — but the most ambitious is X-Men: Days of Future Past, which is uniting the franchise's two distinct timelines for a sprawling, mind-bending time travel story. It starts with Wolverine, who goes back in time to enlist the help of the younger Professor X introduced in X-Men: First Class. "I was sent here for you from the future. 50 years from now. Stay with me," says Wolverine in the new trailer. "I've come a long way to guide us. To bring us together. The X-Men. We need your help."
It's a lot to wrap your head around, but there's no shortage of fan service in this last trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past. The new video offers an extended roll call of X-Men characters: Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), Professor X (James McAvoy/Patrick Stewart), Magneto (Michael Fassbender/Ian McKellan), Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence), Storm (Halle Berry), and many, many more. This is easily the most ambitious of the X-Men movies. Of course, in a group that big, not everyone is going to get along; in the scope of one three-minute trailer, two different X-Men get punched in the face by their supposed comrades. Will the X-Men sort out their differences and save the world one last time? We'll find out when X-Men: Days of Future Past arrives on May 23.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week