- welcome April 16
Vice President Joe Biden joined Instagram this afternoon, and his first post wasn't the usual "brunching with my girls" photo. Rather, it's a picture of his fancy Ray-Bans, with the veep himself out of focus in the background. Biden joined the photo-sharing app ahead of his trip to Pennsylvania, where he's debuting a new job-training program. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week