- Woof April 16
Prank calls to the police can lead to criminal charges for humans, but what if the caller is a dog?
The culprit was a two-year-old Belgian Malinois, Leighton. According to his owner, Mary Amos-Cole, Leighton has a history of stealing telephones and setting off her home's alarm system. When the police arrived at her home, Leighton was in Amos-Cole's outdoor garden with the phone in his mouth.
"He's a very naughty dog, but, luckily, we all took it as a bit of a joke," Amos-Cole told BBC News.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- The week's best editorial cartoons
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week