- Woof April 16
Prank calls to the police can lead to criminal charges for humans, but what if the caller is a dog?
The culprit was a two-year-old Belgian Malinois, Leighton. According to his owner, Mary Amos-Cole, Leighton has a history of stealing telephones and setting off her home's alarm system. When the police arrived at her home, Leighton was in Amos-Cole's outdoor garden with the phone in his mouth.
"He's a very naughty dog, but, luckily, we all took it as a bit of a joke," Amos-Cole told BBC News.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The mechanized future of warfare
Subscribe to the Week