- Woof April 16
Prank calls to the police can lead to criminal charges for humans, but what if the caller is a dog?
The culprit was a two-year-old Belgian Malinois, Leighton. According to his owner, Mary Amos-Cole, Leighton has a history of stealing telephones and setting off her home's alarm system. When the police arrived at her home, Leighton was in Amos-Cole's outdoor garden with the phone in his mouth.
"He's a very naughty dog, but, luckily, we all took it as a bit of a joke," Amos-Cole told BBC News.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week