- Woof April 16
Prank calls to the police can lead to criminal charges for humans, but what if the caller is a dog?
The culprit was a two-year-old Belgian Malinois, Leighton. According to his owner, Mary Amos-Cole, Leighton has a history of stealing telephones and setting off her home's alarm system. When the police arrived at her home, Leighton was in Amos-Cole's outdoor garden with the phone in his mouth.
"He's a very naughty dog, but, luckily, we all took it as a bit of a joke," Amos-Cole told BBC News.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
Subscribe to the Week