- 2016 Watch April 17
Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden will not run for re-election to a third term this year, instead setting his sights on the governor's office in 2016. Biden, eldest son of Vice President Joe Biden, said in a statement that, "What started as a thought — a very persistent thought — has now become a course of action that I wish to pursue."
In addition to his prominent name, Biden is quite well-liked in his home state, which should make him a formidable candidate. A Princeton survey last October found that nearly two-thirds of Delaware residents had a favorable opinion of him, while only 17 percent said the opposite.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week