- 2016 Watch April 17
Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden will not run for re-election to a third term this year, instead setting his sights on the governor's office in 2016. Biden, eldest son of Vice President Joe Biden, said in a statement that, "What started as a thought — a very persistent thought — has now become a course of action that I wish to pursue."
In addition to his prominent name, Biden is quite well-liked in his home state, which should make him a formidable candidate. A Princeton survey last October found that nearly two-thirds of Delaware residents had a favorable opinion of him, while only 17 percent said the opposite.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
Subscribe to the Week