- 2016 Watch April 17
Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden will not run for re-election to a third term this year, instead setting his sights on the governor's office in 2016. Biden, eldest son of Vice President Joe Biden, said in a statement that, "What started as a thought — a very persistent thought — has now become a course of action that I wish to pursue."
In addition to his prominent name, Biden is quite well-liked in his home state, which should make him a formidable candidate. A Princeton survey last October found that nearly two-thirds of Delaware residents had a favorable opinion of him, while only 17 percent said the opposite.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week