- 2016 Watch April 17
Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden will not run for re-election to a third term this year, instead setting his sights on the governor's office in 2016. Biden, eldest son of Vice President Joe Biden, said in a statement that, "What started as a thought — a very persistent thought — has now become a course of action that I wish to pursue."
In addition to his prominent name, Biden is quite well-liked in his home state, which should make him a formidable candidate. A Princeton survey last October found that nearly two-thirds of Delaware residents had a favorable opinion of him, while only 17 percent said the opposite.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
Subscribe to the Week