- 2016 Watch April 17
Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden will not run for re-election to a third term this year, instead setting his sights on the governor's office in 2016. Biden, eldest son of Vice President Joe Biden, said in a statement that, "What started as a thought — a very persistent thought — has now become a course of action that I wish to pursue."
In addition to his prominent name, Biden is quite well-liked in his home state, which should make him a formidable candidate. A Princeton survey last October found that nearly two-thirds of Delaware residents had a favorable opinion of him, while only 17 percent said the opposite.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week