- Oops April 18
Somewhere in Indianapolis, an NCAA public relations employee is not having a good morning.
NCAA President Mark Emmert appeared on Mike & Mike this morning, and the ESPN radio show apparently thought hyping the segment with a hashtag trend would be a good idea.
It was not.
Instead, the Twitterverse hopped on the #AskEmmert Q&A and began railing against the NCAA, Emmert's arguments for athletes' amateur status, and more. Below, a few of our favorite tweets from the brouhaha: --Sarah Eberspacher
#AskEmmert If you made your school millions of dollars and saw your jersey in the bookstore for $60 - would you be mad? Because I'd be livid— Marco Scola (@Marco_Scola) April 18, 2014
#askemmert What does a non-profit organization do with billion dollar tv contracts?— Mike Hart (@TheNavyMike) April 18, 2014
Only #AskEmmert can preform an Easter Miracle in bringing UK & Lou fan bases together to laugh at a common enemy.— Dado (@QuasiDado) April 18, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week