- Oops April 18
Somewhere in Indianapolis, an NCAA public relations employee is not having a good morning.
NCAA President Mark Emmert appeared on Mike & Mike this morning, and the ESPN radio show apparently thought hyping the segment with a hashtag trend would be a good idea.
It was not.
Instead, the Twitterverse hopped on the #AskEmmert Q&A and began railing against the NCAA, Emmert's arguments for athletes' amateur status, and more. Below, a few of our favorite tweets from the brouhaha: --Sarah Eberspacher
#AskEmmert If you made your school millions of dollars and saw your jersey in the bookstore for $60 - would you be mad? Because I'd be livid— Marco Scola (@Marco_Scola) April 18, 2014
#askemmert What does a non-profit organization do with billion dollar tv contracts?— Mike Hart (@TheNavyMike) April 18, 2014
Only #AskEmmert can preform an Easter Miracle in bringing UK & Lou fan bases together to laugh at a common enemy.— Dado (@QuasiDado) April 18, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week