- Oops April 18
Somewhere in Indianapolis, an NCAA public relations employee is not having a good morning.
NCAA President Mark Emmert appeared on Mike & Mike this morning, and the ESPN radio show apparently thought hyping the segment with a hashtag trend would be a good idea.
It was not.
Instead, the Twitterverse hopped on the #AskEmmert Q&A and began railing against the NCAA, Emmert's arguments for athletes' amateur status, and more. Below, a few of our favorite tweets from the brouhaha: --Sarah Eberspacher
#AskEmmert If you made your school millions of dollars and saw your jersey in the bookstore for $60 - would you be mad? Because I'd be livid— Marco Scola (@Marco_Scola) April 18, 2014
#askemmert What does a non-profit organization do with billion dollar tv contracts?— Mike Hart (@TheNavyMike) April 18, 2014
Only #AskEmmert can preform an Easter Miracle in bringing UK & Lou fan bases together to laugh at a common enemy.— Dado (@QuasiDado) April 18, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How to make classic pulled pork
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
Subscribe to the Week