- Oops April 18
Somewhere in Indianapolis, an NCAA public relations employee is not having a good morning.
NCAA President Mark Emmert appeared on Mike & Mike this morning, and the ESPN radio show apparently thought hyping the segment with a hashtag trend would be a good idea.
It was not.
Instead, the Twitterverse hopped on the #AskEmmert Q&A and began railing against the NCAA, Emmert's arguments for athletes' amateur status, and more. Below, a few of our favorite tweets from the brouhaha: --Sarah Eberspacher
#AskEmmert If you made your school millions of dollars and saw your jersey in the bookstore for $60 - would you be mad? Because I'd be livid— Marco Scola (@Marco_Scola) April 18, 2014
#askemmert What does a non-profit organization do with billion dollar tv contracts?— Mike Hart (@TheNavyMike) April 18, 2014
Only #AskEmmert can preform an Easter Miracle in bringing UK & Lou fan bases together to laugh at a common enemy.— Dado (@QuasiDado) April 18, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
Subscribe to the Week