- Oops April 18
Somewhere in Indianapolis, an NCAA public relations employee is not having a good morning.
NCAA President Mark Emmert appeared on Mike & Mike this morning, and the ESPN radio show apparently thought hyping the segment with a hashtag trend would be a good idea.
It was not.
Instead, the Twitterverse hopped on the #AskEmmert Q&A and began railing against the NCAA, Emmert's arguments for athletes' amateur status, and more. Below, a few of our favorite tweets from the brouhaha: --Sarah Eberspacher
#AskEmmert If you made your school millions of dollars and saw your jersey in the bookstore for $60 - would you be mad? Because I'd be livid— Marco Scola (@Marco_Scola) April 18, 2014
#askemmert What does a non-profit organization do with billion dollar tv contracts?— Mike Hart (@TheNavyMike) April 18, 2014
Only #AskEmmert can preform an Easter Miracle in bringing UK & Lou fan bases together to laugh at a common enemy.— Dado (@QuasiDado) April 18, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week