- Oops April 19
Actions may speak louder than words, but Sen. Richard Blumenthal took that mentality to the extreme on Friday.
The Connecticut Democrat was standing behind Milford Mayor Ben Blake on the town's Metro-North station platform as the two held a press conference on railway safety. Complete with easels and charts, Blake was laying out the MTA's safety violations, which total 139 over the last 10 years, worth $552,000 in fines.
"Safety, as you know, is paramount," Blake said — and then this happened.
It would appear that taking personal responsibility for train safety is equally important. And that yellow line on the edge of the platform? It's there for a reason, senator.
Watch the video below. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week