- #Easter April 20
Pope Francis on Sunday delivered an Easter blessing to an estimated crowd of 150,000 in St. Peter's Square, using the address to call for peace around the world. And in a sign of the times, the Pope — or whomever runs his social media presence — marked the holiday with a simple tweet.
Christ is risen! Alleluia!— Pope Francis (@Pontifex) April 20, 2014
And though Pope Francis did not, as he did last week, follow up his appearance by posing for selfies with those gathered in the square, he did give a thumbs up to the crowd. Quite the modern papacy indeed.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
Subscribe to the Week