- #Easter April 20
Pope Francis on Sunday delivered an Easter blessing to an estimated crowd of 150,000 in St. Peter's Square, using the address to call for peace around the world. And in a sign of the times, the Pope — or whomever runs his social media presence — marked the holiday with a simple tweet.
Christ is risen! Alleluia!— Pope Francis (@Pontifex) April 20, 2014
And though Pope Francis did not, as he did last week, follow up his appearance by posing for selfies with those gathered in the square, he did give a thumbs up to the crowd. Quite the modern papacy indeed.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Britain has basically decriminalized internet piracy. The U.S. should, too.
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week