- A fine bromance April 21
"Bromance" seems like the wrong term for the delightful public friendship of Sirs Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen — too classless, perhaps, or frat-boyish, or even heteronormative? — but perhaps it's what BuzzFeed had in mind when it asked the two actors to play a version of The Newlywed Game before they decamped from New York earlier this month. The video, from February, was rediscovered by Jezebel over the weekend:
The gentlemen don't exactly bat 1.000, but that was never the joy of The Newlywed Game. If this isn't enough Stewart/McKellen fun for you, you can watch the entire 50-minute BuzzFeed Brews event, moderated by Tommy Wesely. Or if eight minutes is too long, here's a 1:20 section where the two actors do their best impersonation of each other. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
Subscribe to the Week