- A fine bromance April 21
"Bromance" seems like the wrong term for the delightful public friendship of Sirs Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen — too classless, perhaps, or frat-boyish, or even heteronormative? — but perhaps it's what BuzzFeed had in mind when it asked the two actors to play a version of The Newlywed Game before they decamped from New York earlier this month. The video, from February, was rediscovered by Jezebel over the weekend:
The gentlemen don't exactly bat 1.000, but that was never the joy of The Newlywed Game. If this isn't enough Stewart/McKellen fun for you, you can watch the entire 50-minute BuzzFeed Brews event, moderated by Tommy Wesely. Or if eight minutes is too long, here's a 1:20 section where the two actors do their best impersonation of each other. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week