- A fine bromance April 21
"Bromance" seems like the wrong term for the delightful public friendship of Sirs Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen — too classless, perhaps, or frat-boyish, or even heteronormative? — but perhaps it's what BuzzFeed had in mind when it asked the two actors to play a version of The Newlywed Game before they decamped from New York earlier this month. The video, from February, was rediscovered by Jezebel over the weekend:
The gentlemen don't exactly bat 1.000, but that was never the joy of The Newlywed Game. If this isn't enough Stewart/McKellen fun for you, you can watch the entire 50-minute BuzzFeed Brews event, moderated by Tommy Wesely. Or if eight minutes is too long, here's a 1:20 section where the two actors do their best impersonation of each other. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week