- our selfies, ourselves April 21
Bryant University has reached "peak selfie." The Rhode Island school is begging students not to take selfies on stage when they receive their diplomas at next month's graduation ceremony.
While the trendy self-portraits are certainly annoying, the school claims that the real reason behind the move is a practical one, as stopping to take a photo onstage not only will hold up the ceremony, but also could wreck the professional photos taken at the event. "We have about 850 graduates, and we have a professional photographer snapping their picture when they shake my hand and get their diploma," said Bryant University President Ronald Machtley. "I don't think their mom and dad and grandma want to get a picture of them holding up their cellphone."- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week