- now streaming April 21
Joss Whedon, the director of The Avengers, surprised attendees of the Tribeca Film Festival on Sunday when he announced that his new film, In Your Eyes, would be immediately available for streaming. Whedon's pre-recorded announcement was played after the screening of the film, which tells the story of two strangers who believe they have a telepathic connection.
In the announcement, Whedon said, "It's a very exciting night for us because it's not just the premiere of the film — it is the worldwide release date, because as of now In Your Eyes is available on any internet-capable device at inyoureyesmovie.com for the sturdy price of $5."
"This is exciting for us because it means we get to explore yet another new form of distribution — and we get $5," he quipped. Watch the full announcement below:
You can also watch the movie's opening scene for free, on Vimeo.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
Subscribe to the Week