- now streaming April 21
Joss Whedon, the director of The Avengers, surprised attendees of the Tribeca Film Festival on Sunday when he announced that his new film, In Your Eyes, would be immediately available for streaming. Whedon's pre-recorded announcement was played after the screening of the film, which tells the story of two strangers who believe they have a telepathic connection.
In the announcement, Whedon said, "It's a very exciting night for us because it's not just the premiere of the film — it is the worldwide release date, because as of now In Your Eyes is available on any internet-capable device at inyoureyesmovie.com for the sturdy price of $5."
"This is exciting for us because it means we get to explore yet another new form of distribution — and we get $5," he quipped. Watch the full announcement below:
You can also watch the movie's opening scene for free, on Vimeo.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- California's epic drought
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week