- now streaming April 21
Joss Whedon, the director of The Avengers, surprised attendees of the Tribeca Film Festival on Sunday when he announced that his new film, In Your Eyes, would be immediately available for streaming. Whedon's pre-recorded announcement was played after the screening of the film, which tells the story of two strangers who believe they have a telepathic connection.
In the announcement, Whedon said, "It's a very exciting night for us because it's not just the premiere of the film — it is the worldwide release date, because as of now In Your Eyes is available on any internet-capable device at inyoureyesmovie.com for the sturdy price of $5."
"This is exciting for us because it means we get to explore yet another new form of distribution — and we get $5," he quipped. Watch the full announcement below:
You can also watch the movie's opening scene for free, on Vimeo.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week