- now streaming April 21
Joss Whedon, the director of The Avengers, surprised attendees of the Tribeca Film Festival on Sunday when he announced that his new film, In Your Eyes, would be immediately available for streaming. Whedon's pre-recorded announcement was played after the screening of the film, which tells the story of two strangers who believe they have a telepathic connection.
In the announcement, Whedon said, "It's a very exciting night for us because it's not just the premiere of the film — it is the worldwide release date, because as of now In Your Eyes is available on any internet-capable device at inyoureyesmovie.com for the sturdy price of $5."
"This is exciting for us because it means we get to explore yet another new form of distribution — and we get $5," he quipped. Watch the full announcement below:
You can also watch the movie's opening scene for free, on Vimeo.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week