- This just in April 21
In a fitting finish to the first Boston Marathon since last year's tragic bombing, Meb Keflezighi on Monday won the event, becoming the first American male runner to do so since 1983. The 38-year-old finished with an unofficial time of 2:08:37, which would be the second-fastest time ever by an American male.
Here's Keflezighi approaching the finish line to raucous applause:
On the women's side, Kenyan Rita Jeptoo placed first with a time of 2:28:57. Jeptoo won last year's race as well.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
Subscribe to the Week