- This just in April 21
In a fitting finish to the first Boston Marathon since last year's tragic bombing, Meb Keflezighi on Monday won the event, becoming the first American male runner to do so since 1983. The 38-year-old finished with an unofficial time of 2:08:37, which would be the second-fastest time ever by an American male.
Here's Keflezighi approaching the finish line to raucous applause:
On the women's side, Kenyan Rita Jeptoo placed first with a time of 2:28:57. Jeptoo won last year's race as well.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week