- This just in April 21
In a fitting finish to the first Boston Marathon since last year's tragic bombing, Meb Keflezighi on Monday won the event, becoming the first American male runner to do so since 1983. The 38-year-old finished with an unofficial time of 2:08:37, which would be the second-fastest time ever by an American male.
Here's Keflezighi approaching the finish line to raucous applause:
On the women's side, Kenyan Rita Jeptoo placed first with a time of 2:28:57. Jeptoo won last year's race as well.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week