- Mom! April 21
All parents have quirky strategies for getting their kids to behave, and the president and first lady are no exception. In an interview with Michael Strahan, co-host of Live with Kelly and Michael, Michelle Obama shared her secret for keeping daughters, Malia (15) and Sasha (12), on their best behavior. The first lady joked, "If they're like looking a little, you know, uninvolved in an event, I'll just lean over and be like, "If you don't smile, I'm gonna start dancin'... And Barack is like, I'm gonna sing, I'm gonna start singin'. Here I go. Here I go.'"
It just goes to show that not even the first daughters can escape embarrassing parents.
In the interview, Michelle Obama also discussed the White House's annual Easter Egg Roll, how the family spends time together, and who will eventually teach Malia and Sasha how to drive. --Kaitlin Roberts
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 31, 2014
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week