- This is nice April 21
HBO is giving us more Selina Meyer. The network announced that it's renewing the Julia Louis-Dreyfus comedy Veep for a fourth season, and also picked up freshman series Silicon Valley for a second season. The latter gave HBO its biggest comedy launch since Hung debuted in 2008, while Veep has maintained steady ratings.
A few weeks ago, HBO picked up blockbuster Game of Thrones for an additional two seasons, which means the network's entire Sunday night lineup has been renewed. HitFix's Alan Sepinwall said the move was a "no-brainer," since the current Sunday lineup is "one of the stronger overall nights HBO has had in quite some time."- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Why TheWeek.com is closing the comments section
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week