- This is nice April 21
HBO is giving us more Selina Meyer. The network announced that it's renewing the Julia Louis-Dreyfus comedy Veep for a fourth season, and also picked up freshman series Silicon Valley for a second season. The latter gave HBO its biggest comedy launch since Hung debuted in 2008, while Veep has maintained steady ratings.
A few weeks ago, HBO picked up blockbuster Game of Thrones for an additional two seasons, which means the network's entire Sunday night lineup has been renewed. HitFix's Alan Sepinwall said the move was a "no-brainer," since the current Sunday lineup is "one of the stronger overall nights HBO has had in quite some time."- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week