- This is nice April 21
HBO is giving us more Selina Meyer. The network announced that it's renewing the Julia Louis-Dreyfus comedy Veep for a fourth season, and also picked up freshman series Silicon Valley for a second season. The latter gave HBO its biggest comedy launch since Hung debuted in 2008, while Veep has maintained steady ratings.
A few weeks ago, HBO picked up blockbuster Game of Thrones for an additional two seasons, which means the network's entire Sunday night lineup has been renewed. HitFix's Alan Sepinwall said the move was a "no-brainer," since the current Sunday lineup is "one of the stronger overall nights HBO has had in quite some time."- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week