- This is nice April 21
HBO is giving us more Selina Meyer. The network announced that it's renewing the Julia Louis-Dreyfus comedy Veep for a fourth season, and also picked up freshman series Silicon Valley for a second season. The latter gave HBO its biggest comedy launch since Hung debuted in 2008, while Veep has maintained steady ratings.
A few weeks ago, HBO picked up blockbuster Game of Thrones for an additional two seasons, which means the network's entire Sunday night lineup has been renewed. HitFix's Alan Sepinwall said the move was a "no-brainer," since the current Sunday lineup is "one of the stronger overall nights HBO has had in quite some time."- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week