- This is nice April 21
HBO is giving us more Selina Meyer. The network announced that it's renewing the Julia Louis-Dreyfus comedy Veep for a fourth season, and also picked up freshman series Silicon Valley for a second season. The latter gave HBO its biggest comedy launch since Hung debuted in 2008, while Veep has maintained steady ratings.
A few weeks ago, HBO picked up blockbuster Game of Thrones for an additional two seasons, which means the network's entire Sunday night lineup has been renewed. HitFix's Alan Sepinwall said the move was a "no-brainer," since the current Sunday lineup is "one of the stronger overall nights HBO has had in quite some time."- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Twin Peaks: What the newly revealed 'missing pieces' change about the series
Subscribe to the Week