- FYI April 21
Netflix revealed Monday that it plans to increase prices for new subscribers at some point this quarter, or before July.
In a quarterly note to shareholders, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said the plan is to raise U.S. prices by a dollar or two after a similar price hike in Ireland went smoothly. As of now, U.S. customers can stream unlimited movies and TV shows for $7.99 per month.
If you're an existing Netflix customer, don't worry — at least not yet. Hastings added in his letter that customers will stay at their current rate for a "generous time period."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
Subscribe to the Week