- This just in April 22
Simon Ostrovsky, an American reporter with Vice News, has reportedly been captured by a militia in the eastern Ukrainian city of Sloviansk. There are few details available about the reporter's detention, but the town's pro-Russian mayor Vyacheslav Ponomarev confirmed the news to The Telegraph.
"Vice News is aware of the situation and is in contact with the United States State Department and other appropriate government authorities to secure the safety and security of our friend and colleague, Simon Ostrovsky," a Vice spokesperson said.
Ostrovsky was in the city live-tweeting Ponomarev's press conference. His last few tweets are about the mayor's crackdown on the press.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
Subscribe to the Week