- This just in April 22
Simon Ostrovsky, an American reporter with Vice News, has reportedly been captured by a militia in the eastern Ukrainian city of Sloviansk. There are few details available about the reporter's detention, but the town's pro-Russian mayor Vyacheslav Ponomarev confirmed the news to The Telegraph.
"Vice News is aware of the situation and is in contact with the United States State Department and other appropriate government authorities to secure the safety and security of our friend and colleague, Simon Ostrovsky," a Vice spokesperson said.
Ostrovsky was in the city live-tweeting Ponomarev's press conference. His last few tweets are about the mayor's crackdown on the press.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week