- This just in April 22
Simon Ostrovsky, an American reporter with Vice News, has reportedly been captured by a militia in the eastern Ukrainian city of Sloviansk. There are few details available about the reporter's detention, but the town's pro-Russian mayor Vyacheslav Ponomarev confirmed the news to The Telegraph.
"Vice News is aware of the situation and is in contact with the United States State Department and other appropriate government authorities to secure the safety and security of our friend and colleague, Simon Ostrovsky," a Vice spokesperson said.
Ostrovsky was in the city live-tweeting Ponomarev's press conference. His last few tweets are about the mayor's crackdown on the press.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
Subscribe to the Week