- Crime and punishment April 23
According to police, one Pennsylvania woman wasn't about to let a hospital stay — including a stint in the intensive care unit — get in the way of her lucrative career dealing heroin.
Authorities in Greensburg say that 38-year-old Lori Sullenberger sold $90 worth of heroin last week to an undercover informant from her room at Excela Westmoreland Hospital. Security was already suspicious of Sullenberger, due to the high volume of people going in and out of her room. When police conducted a search, they discovered $3,800 worth of heroin, $1,000 in cash, and two syringes.
Sullenberger was charged Tuesday with multiple counts of felony and misdemeanor drug-related crimes. Here's more on the story, from WXPI News. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week