- Crime and punishment April 23
According to police, one Pennsylvania woman wasn't about to let a hospital stay — including a stint in the intensive care unit — get in the way of her lucrative career dealing heroin.
Authorities in Greensburg say that 38-year-old Lori Sullenberger sold $90 worth of heroin last week to an undercover informant from her room at Excela Westmoreland Hospital. Security was already suspicious of Sullenberger, due to the high volume of people going in and out of her room. When police conducted a search, they discovered $3,800 worth of heroin, $1,000 in cash, and two syringes.
Sullenberger was charged Tuesday with multiple counts of felony and misdemeanor drug-related crimes. Here's more on the story, from WXPI News. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week