- Crime and punishment April 23
According to police, one Pennsylvania woman wasn't about to let a hospital stay — including a stint in the intensive care unit — get in the way of her lucrative career dealing heroin.
Authorities in Greensburg say that 38-year-old Lori Sullenberger sold $90 worth of heroin last week to an undercover informant from her room at Excela Westmoreland Hospital. Security was already suspicious of Sullenberger, due to the high volume of people going in and out of her room. When police conducted a search, they discovered $3,800 worth of heroin, $1,000 in cash, and two syringes.
Sullenberger was charged Tuesday with multiple counts of felony and misdemeanor drug-related crimes. Here's more on the story, from WXPI News. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week