- Crime and punishment April 23
According to police, one Pennsylvania woman wasn't about to let a hospital stay — including a stint in the intensive care unit — get in the way of her lucrative career dealing heroin.
Authorities in Greensburg say that 38-year-old Lori Sullenberger sold $90 worth of heroin last week to an undercover informant from her room at Excela Westmoreland Hospital. Security was already suspicious of Sullenberger, due to the high volume of people going in and out of her room. When police conducted a search, they discovered $3,800 worth of heroin, $1,000 in cash, and two syringes.
Sullenberger was charged Tuesday with multiple counts of felony and misdemeanor drug-related crimes. Here's more on the story, from WXPI News. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week