- Late Night Antics April 23
After being teased with a snippet of the long-awaited interview between longtime Late Night host David Letterman and his anointed successor, Stephen Colbert, we now have the full 12-minute conversation. Colbert and Letterman talk family, Colbert's near-internship (and writing job) at Late Night, and dogs, among other topics.
The interview is interesting for its extended look at out-of-character Stephen Colbert, but it also provides a glimpse into Colbert's before-he-was-famous humor stylings: Starting at about the 7:50 mark, Colbert brings out a Top 10 list he submitted to Letterman in 1997, as part of a packet to become a staff writer; on Tuesday, he finally got his chance to read it. No. 3 is particularly Colbert-y. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week