- Late Night Antics April 23
After being teased with a snippet of the long-awaited interview between longtime Late Night host David Letterman and his anointed successor, Stephen Colbert, we now have the full 12-minute conversation. Colbert and Letterman talk family, Colbert's near-internship (and writing job) at Late Night, and dogs, among other topics.
The interview is interesting for its extended look at out-of-character Stephen Colbert, but it also provides a glimpse into Colbert's before-he-was-famous humor stylings: Starting at about the 7:50 mark, Colbert brings out a Top 10 list he submitted to Letterman in 1997, as part of a packet to become a staff writer; on Tuesday, he finally got his chance to read it. No. 3 is particularly Colbert-y. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
Subscribe to the Week