- Late Night Antics April 23
After being teased with a snippet of the long-awaited interview between longtime Late Night host David Letterman and his anointed successor, Stephen Colbert, we now have the full 12-minute conversation. Colbert and Letterman talk family, Colbert's near-internship (and writing job) at Late Night, and dogs, among other topics.
The interview is interesting for its extended look at out-of-character Stephen Colbert, but it also provides a glimpse into Colbert's before-he-was-famous humor stylings: Starting at about the 7:50 mark, Colbert brings out a Top 10 list he submitted to Letterman in 1997, as part of a packet to become a staff writer; on Tuesday, he finally got his chance to read it. No. 3 is particularly Colbert-y. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week