- Late Night Antics April 23
After being teased with a snippet of the long-awaited interview between longtime Late Night host David Letterman and his anointed successor, Stephen Colbert, we now have the full 12-minute conversation. Colbert and Letterman talk family, Colbert's near-internship (and writing job) at Late Night, and dogs, among other topics.
The interview is interesting for its extended look at out-of-character Stephen Colbert, but it also provides a glimpse into Colbert's before-he-was-famous humor stylings: Starting at about the 7:50 mark, Colbert brings out a Top 10 list he submitted to Letterman in 1997, as part of a packet to become a staff writer; on Tuesday, he finally got his chance to read it. No. 3 is particularly Colbert-y. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- How collaborative innovation led to the experimental serum for Ebola
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week