- we'll never be royals April 23
Prince William and Kate's whirlwind tour with the normals of Australia wouldn't have been complete without at least one embarrassing activity. It came in the form of a DJ lesson at a youth learning center for disadvantaged kids in Adelaide. The royals both knew this wasn't going to turn out in their favor, with each of them insisting that the other to go first before Kate caved.
Kate's scratching (which led the overexcited announcers to refer to her as the "Dutchess DJ") ended up outshining her husband's — when William took to the decks, he gingerly poked at the record as if it were an utterly foreign object. Watch the awkwardness below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
Subscribe to the Week