- we'll never be royals April 23
Prince William and Kate's whirlwind tour with the normals of Australia wouldn't have been complete without at least one embarrassing activity. It came in the form of a DJ lesson at a youth learning center for disadvantaged kids in Adelaide. The royals both knew this wasn't going to turn out in their favor, with each of them insisting that the other to go first before Kate caved.
Kate's scratching (which led the overexcited announcers to refer to her as the "Dutchess DJ") ended up outshining her husband's — when William took to the decks, he gingerly poked at the record as if it were an utterly foreign object. Watch the awkwardness below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
Subscribe to the Week