- we'll never be royals April 23
Prince William and Kate's whirlwind tour with the normals of Australia wouldn't have been complete without at least one embarrassing activity. It came in the form of a DJ lesson at a youth learning center for disadvantaged kids in Adelaide. The royals both knew this wasn't going to turn out in their favor, with each of them insisting that the other to go first before Kate caved.
Kate's scratching (which led the overexcited announcers to refer to her as the "Dutchess DJ") ended up outshining her husband's — when William took to the decks, he gingerly poked at the record as if it were an utterly foreign object. Watch the awkwardness below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The next pandemic
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
Subscribe to the Week