- we'll never be royals April 23
Prince William and Kate's whirlwind tour with the normals of Australia wouldn't have been complete without at least one embarrassing activity. It came in the form of a DJ lesson at a youth learning center for disadvantaged kids in Adelaide. The royals both knew this wasn't going to turn out in their favor, with each of them insisting that the other to go first before Kate caved.
Kate's scratching (which led the overexcited announcers to refer to her as the "Dutchess DJ") ended up outshining her husband's — when William took to the decks, he gingerly poked at the record as if it were an utterly foreign object. Watch the awkwardness below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
Subscribe to the Week