- we'll never be royals April 23
Prince William and Kate's whirlwind tour with the normals of Australia wouldn't have been complete without at least one embarrassing activity. It came in the form of a DJ lesson at a youth learning center for disadvantaged kids in Adelaide. The royals both knew this wasn't going to turn out in their favor, with each of them insisting that the other to go first before Kate caved.
Kate's scratching (which led the overexcited announcers to refer to her as the "Dutchess DJ") ended up outshining her husband's — when William took to the decks, he gingerly poked at the record as if it were an utterly foreign object. Watch the awkwardness below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
Subscribe to the Week