- we'll never be royals April 23
Prince William and Kate's whirlwind tour with the normals of Australia wouldn't have been complete without at least one embarrassing activity. It came in the form of a DJ lesson at a youth learning center for disadvantaged kids in Adelaide. The royals both knew this wasn't going to turn out in their favor, with each of them insisting that the other to go first before Kate caved.
Kate's scratching (which led the overexcited announcers to refer to her as the "Dutchess DJ") ended up outshining her husband's — when William took to the decks, he gingerly poked at the record as if it were an utterly foreign object. Watch the awkwardness below. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Stop calling the GOP the party of new ideas
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
Subscribe to the Week