- The price isn't right April 23
It's no secret that being in a wedding party can be costly, but a new study shows that even attending a wedding is a burdensome endeavor. According to American Express, the cost of attending a wedding is up 75 percent from just two years ago.
The study found that the average cost of attending a wedding, including travel accommodations as well as clothes and accessories, is $592. For members of the wedding party, the average cost of attendance is $618. Of course, those numbers don't include the price of the wedding gift, which adds an average of $109.
So, the next time your nagging parents ask when you'll start planning your future, you can always tell them that you've really just got your relatives' and friends' interests (and wallets) at heart.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What if The Purge was real?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week