- small town news April 23
There's a price for surviving a malicious duck attack: $275,000. That's what a woman in Washington is demanding after a duck with "abnormally dangerous propensities" recently assaulted her.
According to court documents obtained by a Seattle television station, victim Cynthia Ruddell said her neighbor's dangerous duck bolted after her, and she tripped while trying to flee. Her right wrist and rotator cuff were injured as a result.
Ruddell's attorney said her neighbor needlessly endangered the mobile-home park's residents by failing to control the duck. The neighbor also failed to warn of the duck's "dangerous propensity" for attacking people, the lawyer claimed. Ruddell said the six-figure lawsuit will cover her medical expenses and the "pain, suffering, inconvenience, and humiliation" that she experienced as a result.
No comment from the duck.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
Subscribe to the Week