- small town news April 23
There's a price for surviving a malicious duck attack: $275,000. That's what a woman in Washington is demanding after a duck with "abnormally dangerous propensities" recently assaulted her.
According to court documents obtained by a Seattle television station, victim Cynthia Ruddell said her neighbor's dangerous duck bolted after her, and she tripped while trying to flee. Her right wrist and rotator cuff were injured as a result.
Ruddell's attorney said her neighbor needlessly endangered the mobile-home park's residents by failing to control the duck. The neighbor also failed to warn of the duck's "dangerous propensity" for attacking people, the lawyer claimed. Ruddell said the six-figure lawsuit will cover her medical expenses and the "pain, suffering, inconvenience, and humiliation" that she experienced as a result.
No comment from the duck.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week