- Daily Gossip April 23
According to E! Online, actress Jodie Foster married photographer Alexandra Hedison in a ceremony that took place last weekend.
Foster and Hedison were first rumored to be dating when they were photographed together last summer. Though Foster has refused to discuss her sexuality for decades, she gave a speech at the 2013 Golden Globes that many interpreted as her way of coming out:
"I'm just going to put it out there, loud and proud... I am, uh, single," said Foster. "I hope you're not disappointed that there won't be a big coming-out speech tonight. I already did my coming-out about a thousand years ago back in the Stone Age. […] If you had been a public figure from the time that you were a toddler, if you'd had to fight for a life that felt real and honest and normal against all odds, then maybe you, too, might value privacy above all else," she said.
Prior to dating Hedison, Foster had a long relationship with production manager Cydney Bernard, with whom she has two children.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week