- Daily Gossip April 23
According to E! Online, actress Jodie Foster married photographer Alexandra Hedison in a ceremony that took place last weekend.
Foster and Hedison were first rumored to be dating when they were photographed together last summer. Though Foster has refused to discuss her sexuality for decades, she gave a speech at the 2013 Golden Globes that many interpreted as her way of coming out:
"I'm just going to put it out there, loud and proud... I am, uh, single," said Foster. "I hope you're not disappointed that there won't be a big coming-out speech tonight. I already did my coming-out about a thousand years ago back in the Stone Age. […] If you had been a public figure from the time that you were a toddler, if you'd had to fight for a life that felt real and honest and normal against all odds, then maybe you, too, might value privacy above all else," she said.
Prior to dating Hedison, Foster had a long relationship with production manager Cydney Bernard, with whom she has two children.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
Subscribe to the Week