- Daily Gossip April 23
According to E! Online, actress Jodie Foster married photographer Alexandra Hedison in a ceremony that took place last weekend.
Foster and Hedison were first rumored to be dating when they were photographed together last summer. Though Foster has refused to discuss her sexuality for decades, she gave a speech at the 2013 Golden Globes that many interpreted as her way of coming out:
"I'm just going to put it out there, loud and proud... I am, uh, single," said Foster. "I hope you're not disappointed that there won't be a big coming-out speech tonight. I already did my coming-out about a thousand years ago back in the Stone Age. […] If you had been a public figure from the time that you were a toddler, if you'd had to fight for a life that felt real and honest and normal against all odds, then maybe you, too, might value privacy above all else," she said.
Prior to dating Hedison, Foster had a long relationship with production manager Cydney Bernard, with whom she has two children.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
Subscribe to the Week