- Daily Gossip April 23
According to E! Online, actress Jodie Foster married photographer Alexandra Hedison in a ceremony that took place last weekend.
Foster and Hedison were first rumored to be dating when they were photographed together last summer. Though Foster has refused to discuss her sexuality for decades, she gave a speech at the 2013 Golden Globes that many interpreted as her way of coming out:
"I'm just going to put it out there, loud and proud... I am, uh, single," said Foster. "I hope you're not disappointed that there won't be a big coming-out speech tonight. I already did my coming-out about a thousand years ago back in the Stone Age. […] If you had been a public figure from the time that you were a toddler, if you'd had to fight for a life that felt real and honest and normal against all odds, then maybe you, too, might value privacy above all else," she said.
Prior to dating Hedison, Foster had a long relationship with production manager Cydney Bernard, with whom she has two children.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week