- 2016 Watch April 23
With a little less than two years to go before the first primary contests in the 2016 presidential election, potential candidates are still playing coy about whether they'll run. Yet former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) on Wednesday creeped a little closer to joining the race, reportedly saying at an event that he was "thinking about running for president."
Now, that's not a direct quote, but rather how one attendee relayed Bush's remarks to the press. Still, it's the closest indication we've gotten to date that Bush is indeed gearing up for a 2016 campaign.
Your move, Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How I lost all my money
Subscribe to the Week