- 2016 Watch April 23
With a little less than two years to go before the first primary contests in the 2016 presidential election, potential candidates are still playing coy about whether they'll run. Yet former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) on Wednesday creeped a little closer to joining the race, reportedly saying at an event that he was "thinking about running for president."
Now, that's not a direct quote, but rather how one attendee relayed Bush's remarks to the press. Still, it's the closest indication we've gotten to date that Bush is indeed gearing up for a 2016 campaign.
Your move, Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week