- 2016 Watch April 23
With a little less than two years to go before the first primary contests in the 2016 presidential election, potential candidates are still playing coy about whether they'll run. Yet former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) on Wednesday creeped a little closer to joining the race, reportedly saying at an event that he was "thinking about running for president."
Now, that's not a direct quote, but rather how one attendee relayed Bush's remarks to the press. Still, it's the closest indication we've gotten to date that Bush is indeed gearing up for a 2016 campaign.
Your move, Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week