- Oh, Canada April 23
Winnie the Pooh may not be as distanced from reality as you think: Canadian police just caught a bear with its head stuck in a jar wandering down the street.
The black bear had tried to eat the last bits of birdseed that had been in the jar and apparently had some trouble removing the jar from its head on its own. It wandered down the street blindly and eventually crashed into a police car. The Greater Sudbury Police called the Ministry of Natural Resources, who tranquilized the bear and cut the jar off its head. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- The week's best photojournalism
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week