- Oh, Canada April 23
Winnie the Pooh may not be as distanced from reality as you think: Canadian police just caught a bear with its head stuck in a jar wandering down the street.
The black bear had tried to eat the last bits of birdseed that had been in the jar and apparently had some trouble removing the jar from its head on its own. It wandered down the street blindly and eventually crashed into a police car. The Greater Sudbury Police called the Ministry of Natural Resources, who tranquilized the bear and cut the jar off its head. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
- Stop hating on cyclists
Subscribe to the Week