- Oh, Canada April 23
Winnie the Pooh may not be as distanced from reality as you think: Canadian police just caught a bear with its head stuck in a jar wandering down the street.
The black bear had tried to eat the last bits of birdseed that had been in the jar and apparently had some trouble removing the jar from its head on its own. It wandered down the street blindly and eventually crashed into a police car. The Greater Sudbury Police called the Ministry of Natural Resources, who tranquilized the bear and cut the jar off its head. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
Subscribe to the Week