- Oh, Canada April 23
Winnie the Pooh may not be as distanced from reality as you think: Canadian police just caught a bear with its head stuck in a jar wandering down the street.
The black bear had tried to eat the last bits of birdseed that had been in the jar and apparently had some trouble removing the jar from its head on its own. It wandered down the street blindly and eventually crashed into a police car. The Greater Sudbury Police called the Ministry of Natural Resources, who tranquilized the bear and cut the jar off its head. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week