- Oh, Canada April 23
Winnie the Pooh may not be as distanced from reality as you think: Canadian police just caught a bear with its head stuck in a jar wandering down the street.
The black bear had tried to eat the last bits of birdseed that had been in the jar and apparently had some trouble removing the jar from its head on its own. It wandered down the street blindly and eventually crashed into a police car. The Greater Sudbury Police called the Ministry of Natural Resources, who tranquilized the bear and cut the jar off its head. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
Subscribe to the Week