- rise of the drones April 24
When drones aren't narrowly avoiding our heads or generally making us wary of their possibly sinister intentions, they can play a decent tune. A new video from a robotics company created what's possibly the world's first drone jam band.
The "flying robot rockstars" know how to play a lot of instruments, from a single string guitar to drums to lots of bells. The drones' playlist includes the national anthem and the opening theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey. The flying robots are going on tour, with their first live performance happening this weekend in Washington, D.C.. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week