- rise of the drones April 24
When drones aren't narrowly avoiding our heads or generally making us wary of their possibly sinister intentions, they can play a decent tune. A new video from a robotics company created what's possibly the world's first drone jam band.
The "flying robot rockstars" know how to play a lot of instruments, from a single string guitar to drums to lots of bells. The drones' playlist includes the national anthem and the opening theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey. The flying robots are going on tour, with their first live performance happening this weekend in Washington, D.C.. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week