- rise of the drones April 24
When drones aren't narrowly avoiding our heads or generally making us wary of their possibly sinister intentions, they can play a decent tune. A new video from a robotics company created what's possibly the world's first drone jam band.
The "flying robot rockstars" know how to play a lot of instruments, from a single string guitar to drums to lots of bells. The drones' playlist includes the national anthem and the opening theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey. The flying robots are going on tour, with their first live performance happening this weekend in Washington, D.C.. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
Subscribe to the Week