- rise of the drones April 24
When drones aren't narrowly avoiding our heads or generally making us wary of their possibly sinister intentions, they can play a decent tune. A new video from a robotics company created what's possibly the world's first drone jam band.
The "flying robot rockstars" know how to play a lot of instruments, from a single string guitar to drums to lots of bells. The drones' playlist includes the national anthem and the opening theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey. The flying robots are going on tour, with their first live performance happening this weekend in Washington, D.C.. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week