- rise of the drones April 24
When drones aren't narrowly avoiding our heads or generally making us wary of their possibly sinister intentions, they can play a decent tune. A new video from a robotics company created what's possibly the world's first drone jam band.
The "flying robot rockstars" know how to play a lot of instruments, from a single string guitar to drums to lots of bells. The drones' playlist includes the national anthem and the opening theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey. The flying robots are going on tour, with their first live performance happening this weekend in Washington, D.C.. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 secrets of the Vatican exposed
Subscribe to the Week