- Economics April 24
Over at HuffPost Live, Ryan Grim and Alexis Goldstein conducted a fascinating 45-minute interview with Thomas Piketty, the economist whose book Capital in the Twenty-First Century is currently a bestseller on Amazon. Among their most interesting questions:
Does the economics profession need a course correction? (starts at 10:04)
Are the massive salaries of executives (who often sit on the boards for their executive friends) overvalued relative to their real worth? (17:32)
Would we have more luck globally coordinating taxes on property than we've had coordinating regulations on Wall Street? (28:28)
Watch below. --Ryan Cooper
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week