- meet cute April 24
President Barack Obama met a robot today in Japan and left confused and perhaps a bit intimidated. While visiting Japan's National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation, the president played soccer with a humanoid robot named Asimo.
At first, the president was cautious around the gizmo, and he even exchanged bows with it, but eventually he warmed up to him. "It's nice to meet you," the robot said, before approaching him with a soccer ball. "Okay, come on," the president replied. The robot lightly kicked the ball at the perplexed president. "I have to say that the robots were a little scary, they were too lifelike," the president told the Washington Post. "They were amazing." --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
Subscribe to the Week