- This is nice April 24
Fans of How I Met Your Mother who were sad to see the show go were happy to learn that the sitcom's creators, Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, were producing a similar sitcom called How I Met Your Dad. Now, Deadline reports that Meg Ryan will be the voice the show's main character, Sally, in the future tense.
Sally, played by Greta Gerwig, won't be a female Ted Mosby — she's just coming out of a divorce from Gavin (Workaholics' Anders Holm), not desperately seeking her first love. Hopefully, this also means she won't spend nine seasons pining over one of her two male friends.
According to Deadline, Ryan, like Bob Saget in How I Met Your Mother, will never actually be seen on the show. The series has no premiere date yet, but Deadline says the sitcom is "a leading candidate for a series pickup for next season."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week