- This is nice April 24
Fans of How I Met Your Mother who were sad to see the show go were happy to learn that the sitcom's creators, Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, were producing a similar sitcom called How I Met Your Dad. Now, Deadline reports that Meg Ryan will be the voice the show's main character, Sally, in the future tense.
Sally, played by Greta Gerwig, won't be a female Ted Mosby — she's just coming out of a divorce from Gavin (Workaholics' Anders Holm), not desperately seeking her first love. Hopefully, this also means she won't spend nine seasons pining over one of her two male friends.
According to Deadline, Ryan, like Bob Saget in How I Met Your Mother, will never actually be seen on the show. The series has no premiere date yet, but Deadline says the sitcom is "a leading candidate for a series pickup for next season."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- The real lesson of the looming Martha Coakley disaster
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week