- This is nice April 24
Fans of How I Met Your Mother who were sad to see the show go were happy to learn that the sitcom's creators, Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, were producing a similar sitcom called How I Met Your Dad. Now, Deadline reports that Meg Ryan will be the voice the show's main character, Sally, in the future tense.
Sally, played by Greta Gerwig, won't be a female Ted Mosby — she's just coming out of a divorce from Gavin (Workaholics' Anders Holm), not desperately seeking her first love. Hopefully, this also means she won't spend nine seasons pining over one of her two male friends.
According to Deadline, Ryan, like Bob Saget in How I Met Your Mother, will never actually be seen on the show. The series has no premiere date yet, but Deadline says the sitcom is "a leading candidate for a series pickup for next season."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How to be a moral internet citizen on the often-immoral internet
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week