- This is nice April 24
Fans of How I Met Your Mother who were sad to see the show go were happy to learn that the sitcom's creators, Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, were producing a similar sitcom called How I Met Your Dad. Now, Deadline reports that Meg Ryan will be the voice the show's main character, Sally, in the future tense.
Sally, played by Greta Gerwig, won't be a female Ted Mosby — she's just coming out of a divorce from Gavin (Workaholics' Anders Holm), not desperately seeking her first love. Hopefully, this also means she won't spend nine seasons pining over one of her two male friends.
According to Deadline, Ryan, like Bob Saget in How I Met Your Mother, will never actually be seen on the show. The series has no premiere date yet, but Deadline says the sitcom is "a leading candidate for a series pickup for next season."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week