- This is nice April 24
Fans of How I Met Your Mother who were sad to see the show go were happy to learn that the sitcom's creators, Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, were producing a similar sitcom called How I Met Your Dad. Now, Deadline reports that Meg Ryan will be the voice the show's main character, Sally, in the future tense.
Sally, played by Greta Gerwig, won't be a female Ted Mosby — she's just coming out of a divorce from Gavin (Workaholics' Anders Holm), not desperately seeking her first love. Hopefully, this also means she won't spend nine seasons pining over one of her two male friends.
According to Deadline, Ryan, like Bob Saget in How I Met Your Mother, will never actually be seen on the show. The series has no premiere date yet, but Deadline says the sitcom is "a leading candidate for a series pickup for next season."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week