- Squee April 24
Coffee is great. Kittens are great. It's astounding that there aren't cat cafes everywhere so cat people (hi, Mom!) can lounge around surrounded by cats whenever they want.
At least for this weekend, though, New York City residents can drop by a pop-up cat cafe, courtesy of the folks at Purina. And even if you're not in the area, you can at least vicariously enjoy the cafe via the livestream embedded below. Sure, you won't be able to pet the cats, but you won't be surrounded by hyperventilating cat freaks either. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
Subscribe to the Week