- Squee April 24
Coffee is great. Kittens are great. It's astounding that there aren't cat cafes everywhere so cat people (hi, Mom!) can lounge around surrounded by cats whenever they want.
At least for this weekend, though, New York City residents can drop by a pop-up cat cafe, courtesy of the folks at Purina. And even if you're not in the area, you can at least vicariously enjoy the cafe via the livestream embedded below. Sure, you won't be able to pet the cats, but you won't be surrounded by hyperventilating cat freaks either. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week