- Squee April 24
Coffee is great. Kittens are great. It's astounding that there aren't cat cafes everywhere so cat people (hi, Mom!) can lounge around surrounded by cats whenever they want.
At least for this weekend, though, New York City residents can drop by a pop-up cat cafe, courtesy of the folks at Purina. And even if you're not in the area, you can at least vicariously enjoy the cafe via the livestream embedded below. Sure, you won't be able to pet the cats, but you won't be surrounded by hyperventilating cat freaks either. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
Subscribe to the Week