- Squee April 24
Coffee is great. Kittens are great. It's astounding that there aren't cat cafes everywhere so cat people (hi, Mom!) can lounge around surrounded by cats whenever they want.
At least for this weekend, though, New York City residents can drop by a pop-up cat cafe, courtesy of the folks at Purina. And even if you're not in the area, you can at least vicariously enjoy the cafe via the livestream embedded below. Sure, you won't be able to pet the cats, but you won't be surrounded by hyperventilating cat freaks either. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- How America's broken immigration system is failing the military
Subscribe to the Week