- Squee April 24
Coffee is great. Kittens are great. It's astounding that there aren't cat cafes everywhere so cat people (hi, Mom!) can lounge around surrounded by cats whenever they want.
At least for this weekend, though, New York City residents can drop by a pop-up cat cafe, courtesy of the folks at Purina. And even if you're not in the area, you can at least vicariously enjoy the cafe via the livestream embedded below. Sure, you won't be able to pet the cats, but you won't be surrounded by hyperventilating cat freaks either. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Are the missing students protests turning into a Mexican Spring?
Subscribe to the Week