- Wrigley Failed April 24
Wednesday was the 100th anniversary of the Cubs' storied stomping grounds, Wrigley Field. And to celebrate, the club commissioned a 400-pound cake shaped like the iconic ballpark. The dang thing even had ivy icing. Delicious, delicious ivy icing.
Yet in a move befitting the hapless franchise, the Cubs had their cake but did not eat it, too. As Deadspin pointed out, a Redditor tasked with disposing of the massive confection chronicled its sad journey from forklift...
Is there a more fitting image to capture the Cubs' futility than a ridiculous, expensive cake rotting amid garbage?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week