- Wrigley Failed April 24
Wednesday was the 100th anniversary of the Cubs' storied stomping grounds, Wrigley Field. And to celebrate, the club commissioned a 400-pound cake shaped like the iconic ballpark. The dang thing even had ivy icing. Delicious, delicious ivy icing.
Yet in a move befitting the hapless franchise, the Cubs had their cake but did not eat it, too. As Deadspin pointed out, a Redditor tasked with disposing of the massive confection chronicled its sad journey from forklift...
Is there a more fitting image to capture the Cubs' futility than a ridiculous, expensive cake rotting amid garbage?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week