- Wrigley Failed April 24
Wednesday was the 100th anniversary of the Cubs' storied stomping grounds, Wrigley Field. And to celebrate, the club commissioned a 400-pound cake shaped like the iconic ballpark. The dang thing even had ivy icing. Delicious, delicious ivy icing.
Yet in a move befitting the hapless franchise, the Cubs had their cake but did not eat it, too. As Deadspin pointed out, a Redditor tasked with disposing of the massive confection chronicled its sad journey from forklift...
Is there a more fitting image to capture the Cubs' futility than a ridiculous, expensive cake rotting amid garbage?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
Subscribe to the Week