- Wrigley Failed April 24
Wednesday was the 100th anniversary of the Cubs' storied stomping grounds, Wrigley Field. And to celebrate, the club commissioned a 400-pound cake shaped like the iconic ballpark. The dang thing even had ivy icing. Delicious, delicious ivy icing.
Yet in a move befitting the hapless franchise, the Cubs had their cake but did not eat it, too. As Deadspin pointed out, a Redditor tasked with disposing of the massive confection chronicled its sad journey from forklift...
Is there a more fitting image to capture the Cubs' futility than a ridiculous, expensive cake rotting amid garbage?- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week