Read more about the facts mentioned:
Mantis shrimp have the world's best eyes (Phys.org)
Penguins trade sex for stones (Observations of Animal Behavior)
Honeymoons have come a long way (Salon)
Women prefer complex composers for sexual flings (Discover Magazine)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Inside nature's most painfully bizarre sexual ritual
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- A Shakespeare scholar examines the Bard's influence in House of Cards
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week