Read more about the facts mentioned:
Mantis shrimp have the world's best eyes (Phys.org)
Penguins trade sex for stones (Observations of Animal Behavior)
Honeymoons have come a long way (Salon)
Women prefer complex composers for sexual flings (Discover Magazine)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Inside nature's most painfully bizarre sexual ritual
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- A Shakespeare scholar examines the Bard's influence in House of Cards
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week