Read more about the facts mentioned:
Mantis shrimp have the world's best eyes (Phys.org)
Penguins trade sex for stones (Observations of Animal Behavior)
Honeymoons have come a long way (Salon)
Women prefer complex composers for sexual flings (Discover Magazine)
Listen to more of The Week's mini podcasts:
- Inside nature's most painfully bizarre sexual ritual
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- A Shakespeare scholar examines the Bard's influence in House of Cards
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week