- What? April 25
If they're this mean now, imagine what they'll be like around Thanksgiving.
Two male turkeys are taking over a roadway in Chaska, Minnesota, forcing motorists to stop and sometimes even turn their cars around and go home. According to CBS Minnesota, the tough turkeys have been caught on tape strutting up to vehicles in an attempt to show who's boss. Why are they so ticked off? Local authorities say that it's mating season, and males can be aggressive this time of year. If you ever find yourself being blocked by one of these bitter birds, police say to just slowly drive forward, and they will (eventually) move out of the way. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week