- What? April 25
If they're this mean now, imagine what they'll be like around Thanksgiving.
Two male turkeys are taking over a roadway in Chaska, Minnesota, forcing motorists to stop and sometimes even turn their cars around and go home. According to CBS Minnesota, the tough turkeys have been caught on tape strutting up to vehicles in an attempt to show who's boss. Why are they so ticked off? Local authorities say that it's mating season, and males can be aggressive this time of year. If you ever find yourself being blocked by one of these bitter birds, police say to just slowly drive forward, and they will (eventually) move out of the way. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
Subscribe to the Week