- The Daily Showdown April 25
Fox News, especially star anchor Sean Hannity, can't say that Jon Stewart didn't warn them. On Thursday night's Daily Show, Stewart revisited the controversy around BLM-fighting Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy, who was in the news Thursday for a newly surfaced video of a news conference in which he offered to tell those gathered "one more thing I know about the Negro." Ah, Stewart said, so Bundy is not only a cattle welfare cheat and denier of the federal government but also a "professor of Negro Studies."
The things that Bundy knows about "the Negro" were so beyond the pale that even Hannity called them "beyond repugnant" and "beyond despicable." Stewart not-quite-graciously accepted Fox News' distancing of itself from Bundy, made a nice quip about the founding fathers, then moved on... to ridiculing CNN for its still-ongoing, increasingly ridiculous, utterly baffling wall-to-wall coverage of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. He brought in Samantha Bee, Jason Jones, Jordan Klepper, and Jessica Williams to help. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
Subscribe to the Week