- Having it both ways April 25
Near the end of an interesting article on how Frazier Glenn Cross, the accused murderer of three people outside Kansas City Jewish centers, went from white nationalist KKK leader and armed revolutionary to government informant to alleged killer, ABC News drops this little tidbit: In 1986, a year before Cross — then named Frazier Glenn Miller — was arrested for declaring war on blacks, Jews, and the U.S. government, "Raleigh police officers had caught Miller in the back seat of a vehicle, in mid-act with a black male prostitute masquerading as a woman."
ABC News couldn't find any public record from the incident — Miller wasn't charged with any crime — but anchor Steve Daniels did talk to J. Douglas McCullough, a federal prosecutor at the time and now a North Carolina state appellate court judge. McCullough said he's seen the police report of the prostitution incident, and "it was pretty shocking," especially given Miller's "personal stances that he had taken and what he was now accused of engaging in." But he wouldn't go into the details with Daniels. "They're rather salacious," he teased. "I think the facts speak for themselves."
Here's Daniels' report, from Raleigh-Durham ABC affiliate WTVD-TV:
In an interview last fall, Miller told the Southern Poverty Law Center that he had lured the black, cross-dressing male prostitute into his car with the intention of beating him up. He probably considered that a lesser offense than transactional sex.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week