- Your daily cry April 25
Full disclosure: I am a total sucker for all things heartwarming. I'd wager there isn't a soldier returning home video that I haven't seen and wept at openly.
Well, today, I shed all of the happy tears for this mustachioed Cubs fan who finds out he is going to be a granddad. In the video, posted on April 19, the man's daughter shares the news using a pacifier as a clue. He doesn't make the connection, but then reads the attached note and immediately breaks out into giggles and says, "Alright!" But it gets better! After a moment's pause, he reads the note once more, clutches the pacifier in his both hands, places them under his chin, and looks at his daughter with wide, wet eyes before totally losing it.
I mean, really. How is anyone supposed to get any work done around here? Happy Friday! --Lauren Hansen
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week