- Your daily cry April 25
Full disclosure: I am a total sucker for all things heartwarming. I'd wager there isn't a soldier returning home video that I haven't seen and wept at openly.
Well, today, I shed all of the happy tears for this mustachioed Cubs fan who finds out he is going to be a granddad. In the video, posted on April 19, the man's daughter shares the news using a pacifier as a clue. He doesn't make the connection, but then reads the attached note and immediately breaks out into giggles and says, "Alright!" But it gets better! After a moment's pause, he reads the note once more, clutches the pacifier in his both hands, places them under his chin, and looks at his daughter with wide, wet eyes before totally losing it.
I mean, really. How is anyone supposed to get any work done around here? Happy Friday! --Lauren Hansen
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week