- Your daily cry April 25
Full disclosure: I am a total sucker for all things heartwarming. I'd wager there isn't a soldier returning home video that I haven't seen and wept at openly.
Well, today, I shed all of the happy tears for this mustachioed Cubs fan who finds out he is going to be a granddad. In the video, posted on April 19, the man's daughter shares the news using a pacifier as a clue. He doesn't make the connection, but then reads the attached note and immediately breaks out into giggles and says, "Alright!" But it gets better! After a moment's pause, he reads the note once more, clutches the pacifier in his both hands, places them under his chin, and looks at his daughter with wide, wet eyes before totally losing it.
I mean, really. How is anyone supposed to get any work done around here? Happy Friday! --Lauren Hansen
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week