- commercial appeal April 25
Even if you don't care for soccer, Nike's new ad for the World Cup will probably make you at least a little bit excited. The sportswear giant's four-minute opus features an overabundance of Nike-sponsored stars and pounding music ahead of June's spectacle.
In the clip, a group of kids play a pickup game of soccer before they magically transform into soccer stars — all thanks to their Nike shoes. The spot is littered with cameos from soccer heroes like Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and Gerard Pique, and some other athletes like Kobe Bryant and fighter Jon Jones make an appearance, too. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week