- commercial appeal April 25
Even if you don't care for soccer, Nike's new ad for the World Cup will probably make you at least a little bit excited. The sportswear giant's four-minute opus features an overabundance of Nike-sponsored stars and pounding music ahead of June's spectacle.
In the clip, a group of kids play a pickup game of soccer before they magically transform into soccer stars — all thanks to their Nike shoes. The spot is littered with cameos from soccer heroes like Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and Gerard Pique, and some other athletes like Kobe Bryant and fighter Jon Jones make an appearance, too. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- Twin Peaks: What the newly revealed 'missing pieces' change about the series
Subscribe to the Week