- commercial appeal April 25
Even if you don't care for soccer, Nike's new ad for the World Cup will probably make you at least a little bit excited. The sportswear giant's four-minute opus features an overabundance of Nike-sponsored stars and pounding music ahead of June's spectacle.
In the clip, a group of kids play a pickup game of soccer before they magically transform into soccer stars — all thanks to their Nike shoes. The spot is littered with cameos from soccer heroes like Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and Gerard Pique, and some other athletes like Kobe Bryant and fighter Jon Jones make an appearance, too. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
Subscribe to the Week