- commercial appeal April 25
Even if you don't care for soccer, Nike's new ad for the World Cup will probably make you at least a little bit excited. The sportswear giant's four-minute opus features an overabundance of Nike-sponsored stars and pounding music ahead of June's spectacle.
In the clip, a group of kids play a pickup game of soccer before they magically transform into soccer stars — all thanks to their Nike shoes. The spot is littered with cameos from soccer heroes like Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and Gerard Pique, and some other athletes like Kobe Bryant and fighter Jon Jones make an appearance, too. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week