- commercial appeal April 25
Even if you don't care for soccer, Nike's new ad for the World Cup will probably make you at least a little bit excited. The sportswear giant's four-minute opus features an overabundance of Nike-sponsored stars and pounding music ahead of June's spectacle.
In the clip, a group of kids play a pickup game of soccer before they magically transform into soccer stars — all thanks to their Nike shoes. The spot is littered with cameos from soccer heroes like Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and Gerard Pique, and some other athletes like Kobe Bryant and fighter Jon Jones make an appearance, too. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
Subscribe to the Week