- Backlash April 27
The Los Angeles Clippers responded to the firestorm around team owner Donald Sterling's racist rant with a simple, silent protest before their game Sunday against the Warriors. During pre-game drills, the team gathered near mid-court and threw off their shooting jackets to reveal inside-out warmups.
The Clippers took off their shooting shirts and dumped them at center court. pic.twitter.com/Nod5QWsWJy— Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) April 27, 2014
Players are also reportedly wearing black socks and wristbands for the game.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The main lesson of Argentina's debt nightmare
Subscribe to the Week