- Backlash April 27
The Los Angeles Clippers responded to the firestorm around team owner Donald Sterling's racist rant with a simple, silent protest before their game Sunday against the Warriors. During pre-game drills, the team gathered near mid-court and threw off their shooting jackets to reveal inside-out warmups.
The Clippers took off their shooting shirts and dumped them at center court. pic.twitter.com/Nod5QWsWJy— Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) April 27, 2014
Players are also reportedly wearing black socks and wristbands for the game.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How America's broken immigration system is failing the military
Subscribe to the Week