- Late Night Antics April 28
This one is for the ladies... or grade-schoolers learning to read. The premise of this performance, from Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show, is pretty simple: Jamie Foxx, at a piano, singing "unsexy" words in as sexy a manner as possible (within the bounds of taste, of course — this is network TV, after all). The execution is all Jamie Foxx. It's probably fair to say "floss" and "eucalyptus" have rarely sounded so sensual. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
Subscribe to the Week