- hollywood 411 April 28
Don't worry about Chelsea Handler, it looks like she's going to be OK. The unhappy E! host is close to striking a deal with Netflix in a format that's yet to be determined, according to the New York Post. If true, the deal would be the latest in Netflix's efforts to boost its original programming slate that includes high-profile projects like House of Cards. It would also be the streaming service's first talk show.
The Chelsea Lately star is eager to exit the basic cable channel once her contract is up at the end of the year — she called the channel a "sad, sad, place to live" in a recent interview with Howard Stern. Handler had previously boasted that she had "at least seven suitors" looking to pick her up, but CBS doesn't appear to be one of them.
Reps for Handler and Netflix declined the Post's request for comment.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week