- hollywood 411 April 28
Don't worry about Chelsea Handler, it looks like she's going to be OK. The unhappy E! host is close to striking a deal with Netflix in a format that's yet to be determined, according to the New York Post. If true, the deal would be the latest in Netflix's efforts to boost its original programming slate that includes high-profile projects like House of Cards. It would also be the streaming service's first talk show.
The Chelsea Lately star is eager to exit the basic cable channel once her contract is up at the end of the year — she called the channel a "sad, sad, place to live" in a recent interview with Howard Stern. Handler had previously boasted that she had "at least seven suitors" looking to pick her up, but CBS doesn't appear to be one of them.
Reps for Handler and Netflix declined the Post's request for comment.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
Subscribe to the Week