- hollywood 411 April 28
Don't worry about Chelsea Handler, it looks like she's going to be OK. The unhappy E! host is close to striking a deal with Netflix in a format that's yet to be determined, according to the New York Post. If true, the deal would be the latest in Netflix's efforts to boost its original programming slate that includes high-profile projects like House of Cards. It would also be the streaming service's first talk show.
The Chelsea Lately star is eager to exit the basic cable channel once her contract is up at the end of the year — she called the channel a "sad, sad, place to live" in a recent interview with Howard Stern. Handler had previously boasted that she had "at least seven suitors" looking to pick her up, but CBS doesn't appear to be one of them.
Reps for Handler and Netflix declined the Post's request for comment.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week