- hollywood 411 April 28
Don't worry about Chelsea Handler, it looks like she's going to be OK. The unhappy E! host is close to striking a deal with Netflix in a format that's yet to be determined, according to the New York Post. If true, the deal would be the latest in Netflix's efforts to boost its original programming slate that includes high-profile projects like House of Cards. It would also be the streaming service's first talk show.
The Chelsea Lately star is eager to exit the basic cable channel once her contract is up at the end of the year — she called the channel a "sad, sad, place to live" in a recent interview with Howard Stern. Handler had previously boasted that she had "at least seven suitors" looking to pick her up, but CBS doesn't appear to be one of them.
Reps for Handler and Netflix declined the Post's request for comment.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Are there human remains at the Titanic wreck site?
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week