- Play La Marseillaise April 28
Today, Aaron Carroll over at The Incidental Economist takes a look at France's healthcare system, widely regarded as the best in the world:
One thing that he emphasizes that I don't think people tend to fully grasp is how, when it comes to the United States, we pay dramatically more than almost every other nation and have almost nothing to show for it. France has an incredibly luxurious system, one that will pay for just about any kind of treatment you can dream up, and correspondingly shells out quite a bit for it. In America, by contrast, we pay half again as much per person, but the system is incredibly stingy compared to France.
We might just have something to learn here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- Singapore's ruling party runs into trouble
- How to make classic pulled pork
Subscribe to the Week