- Watch this April 28
The first episode of John Oliver's new show has been posted on YouTube, and it's quite an ambitious effort. He mocks the total lack of U.S. coverage of the upcoming Indian elections (5:38), which will be the largest vote in human history, while actually doing a reasonable job of explaining the basic political outlines of the country. He looks closely at an obscure Supreme Court case about food labeling (15:30) pitting Coca-Cola against a pomegranate juice manufacturer. And finally, he interviews former head of the NSA Keith Alexander in classic Oliver style (24:23).
All in all, quite an encouraging first effort. Check it out here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
Subscribe to the Week