- Watch this April 28
The first episode of John Oliver's new show has been posted on YouTube, and it's quite an ambitious effort. He mocks the total lack of U.S. coverage of the upcoming Indian elections (5:38), which will be the largest vote in human history, while actually doing a reasonable job of explaining the basic political outlines of the country. He looks closely at an obscure Supreme Court case about food labeling (15:30) pitting Coca-Cola against a pomegranate juice manufacturer. And finally, he interviews former head of the NSA Keith Alexander in classic Oliver style (24:23).
All in all, quite an encouraging first effort. Check it out here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week