- Watch this April 28
The first episode of John Oliver's new show has been posted on YouTube, and it's quite an ambitious effort. He mocks the total lack of U.S. coverage of the upcoming Indian elections (5:38), which will be the largest vote in human history, while actually doing a reasonable job of explaining the basic political outlines of the country. He looks closely at an obscure Supreme Court case about food labeling (15:30) pitting Coca-Cola against a pomegranate juice manufacturer. And finally, he interviews former head of the NSA Keith Alexander in classic Oliver style (24:23).
All in all, quite an encouraging first effort. Check it out here.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
Subscribe to the Week