- Coming Soon April 28
If you're still in denial about the way Lost ended, HBO has another suspenseful show for you. Damon Lindelof, Lost's co-creator and showrunner, is teaming up with novelist Tom Perrotta for a small-screen adaptation of Perotta's 2011 novel The Leftovers. The Leftovers the show will premiere on HBO on June 29.
The show chronicles the aftermath of a "Rapture-like event" that captures two percent of the world's population. Those still left on Earth must make sense of the events and their own futures. As one character remarks, "Some bad sh-t's coming, and there's no getting around it." Watch the full trailer below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- California's epic drought
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week