- Coming Soon April 28
If you're still in denial about the way Lost ended, HBO has another suspenseful show for you. Damon Lindelof, Lost's co-creator and showrunner, is teaming up with novelist Tom Perrotta for a small-screen adaptation of Perotta's 2011 novel The Leftovers. The Leftovers the show will premiere on HBO on June 29.
The show chronicles the aftermath of a "Rapture-like event" that captures two percent of the world's population. Those still left on Earth must make sense of the events and their own futures. As one character remarks, "Some bad sh-t's coming, and there's no getting around it." Watch the full trailer below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week