- Coming Soon April 28
If you're still in denial about the way Lost ended, HBO has another suspenseful show for you. Damon Lindelof, Lost's co-creator and showrunner, is teaming up with novelist Tom Perrotta for a small-screen adaptation of Perotta's 2011 novel The Leftovers. The Leftovers the show will premiere on HBO on June 29.
The show chronicles the aftermath of a "Rapture-like event" that captures two percent of the world's population. Those still left on Earth must make sense of the events and their own futures. As one character remarks, "Some bad sh-t's coming, and there's no getting around it." Watch the full trailer below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- For the last time: Congress is not exempt from ObamaCare
Subscribe to the Week