- Coming Soon April 28
If you're still in denial about the way Lost ended, HBO has another suspenseful show for you. Damon Lindelof, Lost's co-creator and showrunner, is teaming up with novelist Tom Perrotta for a small-screen adaptation of Perotta's 2011 novel The Leftovers. The Leftovers the show will premiere on HBO on June 29.
The show chronicles the aftermath of a "Rapture-like event" that captures two percent of the world's population. Those still left on Earth must make sense of the events and their own futures. As one character remarks, "Some bad sh-t's coming, and there's no getting around it." Watch the full trailer below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week