- Biden'd April 28
Vice President Joe Biden loves to use the word "literally," though he's not so good at using it correctly. And on Monday, Biden revealed either that he still doesn't know when the word is appropriate, or that he's been zipping around the globe like Santa Claus, defying space and time constraints to meet every single head of state in the world:
At GWU, Biden saying he's met "literally every" world leader, "not because I'm important, but because of the nature of my job."— Carrie Dann (@CarrieNBCNews) April 28, 2014
My guess is Biden was not speaking literally, but rather was figuratively putting his foot in his mouth again.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week