- Biden'd April 28
Vice President Joe Biden loves to use the word "literally," though he's not so good at using it correctly. And on Monday, Biden revealed either that he still doesn't know when the word is appropriate, or that he's been zipping around the globe like Santa Claus, defying space and time constraints to meet every single head of state in the world:
At GWU, Biden saying he's met "literally every" world leader, "not because I'm important, but because of the nature of my job."— Carrie Dann (@CarrieNBCNews) April 28, 2014
My guess is Biden was not speaking literally, but rather was figuratively putting his foot in his mouth again.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The safest seats are at the back of the plane — and 5 other surprising facts about airline crashes
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week