- America the Beautiful April 28
First was the cronut, and then Ansel rolled out the cookie shot last month. But while cookies and milk are a natural combination, waffle-shaped ice cream and espresso aren't. The "waffle" of the waffogato isn't a baked treat at all, but Tahitian vanilla ice cream "infused with actual bits of salted Belgian waffle." The ice cream is set in a waffle mold and drenched in maple syrup-infused espresso. Breakfast? Afternoon treat? You decide!
Ansel invented the waffogato for New York's Taste of the Nation event tonight, which benefits New York-based charity No Kid Hungry. The Wall Street Journal reports that the delicacy will be available at Dominique Ansel Bakery starting May 9 and will cost around $7. If history is any indication, you'll probably have to start waiting in line now to get a taste of this waffle-espresso heaven.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What if The Purge was real?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week