- America the Beautiful April 28
First was the cronut, and then Ansel rolled out the cookie shot last month. But while cookies and milk are a natural combination, waffle-shaped ice cream and espresso aren't. The "waffle" of the waffogato isn't a baked treat at all, but Tahitian vanilla ice cream "infused with actual bits of salted Belgian waffle." The ice cream is set in a waffle mold and drenched in maple syrup-infused espresso. Breakfast? Afternoon treat? You decide!
Ansel invented the waffogato for New York's Taste of the Nation event tonight, which benefits New York-based charity No Kid Hungry. The Wall Street Journal reports that the delicacy will be available at Dominique Ansel Bakery starting May 9 and will cost around $7. If history is any indication, you'll probably have to start waiting in line now to get a taste of this waffle-espresso heaven.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week