- America the Beautiful April 28
First was the cronut, and then Ansel rolled out the cookie shot last month. But while cookies and milk are a natural combination, waffle-shaped ice cream and espresso aren't. The "waffle" of the waffogato isn't a baked treat at all, but Tahitian vanilla ice cream "infused with actual bits of salted Belgian waffle." The ice cream is set in a waffle mold and drenched in maple syrup-infused espresso. Breakfast? Afternoon treat? You decide!
Ansel invented the waffogato for New York's Taste of the Nation event tonight, which benefits New York-based charity No Kid Hungry. The Wall Street Journal reports that the delicacy will be available at Dominique Ansel Bakery starting May 9 and will cost around $7. If history is any indication, you'll probably have to start waiting in line now to get a taste of this waffle-espresso heaven.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- For the GOP, gay marriage could be the most important issue in 2016
Subscribe to the Week