- America the Beautiful April 28
First was the cronut, and then Ansel rolled out the cookie shot last month. But while cookies and milk are a natural combination, waffle-shaped ice cream and espresso aren't. The "waffle" of the waffogato isn't a baked treat at all, but Tahitian vanilla ice cream "infused with actual bits of salted Belgian waffle." The ice cream is set in a waffle mold and drenched in maple syrup-infused espresso. Breakfast? Afternoon treat? You decide!
Ansel invented the waffogato for New York's Taste of the Nation event tonight, which benefits New York-based charity No Kid Hungry. The Wall Street Journal reports that the delicacy will be available at Dominique Ansel Bakery starting May 9 and will cost around $7. If history is any indication, you'll probably have to start waiting in line now to get a taste of this waffle-espresso heaven.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Pope Francis' American problem
Subscribe to the Week